RMGC Council and the Management Committee have been seeking your views and opinions on how we manage the transition to all competitions being run using the BRS booking system, and we thank those who have taken time to give us their feedback.
Having used BRS for the Winter Competitions and the Seal Trophy, this allowed us to vary the numbers playing, time variations between tee times and observe how members have booked / cancelled times. We have also been in discussion with BRS to ensure that we can implement other variations to meet your requests.
You told us you wanted to be able to book three members at a time, more and earlier online booking, and to move away from times going live on a Friday night.
Based on the above RMGC Council have agreed that for normal competitions the following criteria will be applied:
- Members will be able to book a place for themselves and two other named members.
- Times will go live both in the Clubhouse and online at 7.00pm, 9 days before the competition, e.g. Monday nights for Tankards and Thursday nights for Medals etc.
- One time / 3 spaces at 52 minutes past the hour will be reserved for booking on the day via the Professional’s Shop. (This will be a trial and monitored.)
- Major competitions will remain one person / one place and remain as seeded 1 hour blocks. Further information will be posted nearer the time.
- All other Team competitions, e.g. Scrambles will require four members’ names to be entered; as any spaces will be available to others to book.
Council realise it is not able to suit everyone but has tried to ensure that we meet the needs / aspirations of the majority of our membership while moving towards a more controlled booking system.
21st February 2012